dreams

I had many dreams that stood out for me during childhood. This particular one, I had night after night until one night the feel of it changed and I never had it again.
I have a recurring dream. A man with all the big predators in the forest–bears, cougars, wolves, followed by elk, deer, bunnies, and squirrels–all chasing me, trying to get me. I run as fast as I can, sliding downhill on the gravel of a logging road, trying to use gravity to my advantage, running and skidding for my life. I wake up terrified, heart pounding, wondering if I screamed out loud.
Over the years it changed. The man who had led the animals in the chase instead urged me to escape. He was helping me escape. After that, I didn't have the dream any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...